08 September 2012

These days in school


My days are in the school now as Teacher are pretty rough and the journey is more like a roller coaster ride with more unpleasant thrills.

Students who are not at all interested and me as teacher complimenting them with equally not so good teaching.  Less can be said about teaching as less is what I have been doing of that in my class.

Managing the class behavior is more of a issue now. All the things I have done to do it have not given me fruitful results. After day 1 I have introduced behavior tracker with levels -2 , -1, 0, +1, +2 . Students who are well behaved will move to +1 and +2 levels and those who don't move to -1 and -2. At the end of the day I give them tokens and will have an auction with all the tokens won in the weekend.

This has provided results to an extent and 30% class listens to this tracker. Due to size constraint , I have removed the benches in the classroom and using mats to sit down in the class which is my new implementation so that students sit silently without hitting each other. This idea bombed as I made the whole class available to each other to use their hand. Everyone is easily accessible to the other person.

Things have gone from bad to worse in the past 2 days. yesterday two girls students fought and one of them hit the other on her nose and blood came  from the nose.

Back to ground zero with no clarity on what to do and how to do. Not able to share these with anyone is another issue as I am not sure if I am ready for their VALUABLE suggestions without experiencing what I am facing.

No comments:

Post a Comment