24 September 2012

My perspective.....just my opinion on TFI till now

Teach for India....name sounds good....Website promises many things and to an extent even the training.
My perspective:

Fellowship in these 2.5 months has been great, me getting used to the school. My kids getting familiar with me. Tried few successful methods without much success and more failures. I persisted and things are now blooming and I hope it continues. I am sure will get through these 2 years with definitely many cherishing moments just like every experience in my life until now.

This is how it appears at first look but if I go a bit inside and think deeper I find that i am not emotionally attached to it. Especially when I come out of my school and get to know about the happening in TFI. Collecting funds saying that I am working for a NGO is a bit strange and I never donated a rupee to these except a couple of occasions.

I come from a lower middle class family so my thought process and habits no matter what I do have that base. I had a view that all working for this TFI are more passionate about really doing something and I do not question that in the fellows as I am not supposed to. TFI has fellows who come from exceptional financial up bringing and so are their habits. What puzzles me how can a person who boozes and smokes go and teach a child about values. Yes this sounds a bit confusing me talking like this..and even for me it confusing as I am always in support for a person's own habits and choices. But when it comes to teaching kids and teachers with such habits is something which I am not able to push it down my throat. This point makes me not get emotionally attached to TFI.

Over the next two years what really matters for me is the path I am going to show my 30 kids. Hope I get connected to them beyond my fellowship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment